Saturday, July 23, 2011

I confess...I am a snacker

I have tried over and over again to eat only three meals a day but no matter what I do I can't seem to break my snack habit.  I have also tried to only eat fruits and veggies in between meals...but let's be honest...that doesn't work either.

I LOVE snacks and am always on the hunt for the best new snack items (I actually think I may cry when the triple-double oreo hits shelves).  


Some of my recent finds are as follows:

They are all healthier than oreos, I promise!



These pretzels have all of the flavors that remind me of Sunday morning bagels but without all the guilt and they're a nice change from the average pretzel mini-twists.  You may want to invest in some gum though, they have both onion and garlic in them!



I tried these popcorn chips for the first time on a JetBlue flight from NYC to Ft. Lauderdale (they were complimentary, YAY JetBlue!) and I was immediately hooked!  PopCorners come in five flavors (Kettle, Sea Salt, White Cheddar, Cheesy Jalapeno, and Butter) and I have made a point of trying all 5 flavors. Obviously kettle is hands down my favorite because as we all know I have a thing for salty-sweet snacks.


If you are currently in NYC then you know how important it is to stay cool during the current heat wave.  I love these pops because they're delicious, cold and refreshing but don't weigh you down like ice cream can.  Ciao Bella only has two flavors of sorbet bars at the moment (Blueberry Passion and Blood Orange) but both are incredible. If I absolutely had to choose one over the other I would go with the Blueberry Passion (it's sweeter).


I know, I know, peanut butter is not a snack food (unless you are like me and eat it with a spoon) but a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is DEFINITELY one of my old snack time stand-by's.  I love this whipped peanut butter because it has the taste of real peanut butter but the calories and fat of the reduced-fat varieties.  Also, because the PB is whipped it is easier to spread and doesn't rip the bread! (I hate when the bread rips on a PB&J sandwich)

This item is nearly impossible to find in NYC so if you know where I can get it PLEASE let me know so I can go and buy an entire case!

No comments:

Post a Comment