My wonderful friends (and avid Skinny Apple, FAT APPETITE readers) Joanna and Craig are getting married on October 29th and I have the great honor of being a bridesmaid! Last week we had a bridal shower in Joanna’s honor complete with decorations, games, prizes, and food galore. In addition to some catered foods, many thanks to the MOB and MOG, part of our luncheon menu was homemade salads and desserts courtesy of the bridal party.
My selections were, as always, delicious, figure flattering, and budget friendly.
SKINNY APPLE SIGNATURE SALAD
3 Romaine Hearts, chopped
1 Granny Smith Apple, diced
1 Can Beets, diced
1 Can Hearts of Palm, sliced
1 Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 Cup Carrots, chopped
6oz Feta Cheese
1. Wash and cut call vegetables/fruit.
2. Put all vegetables /fruit in a large salad bowl with feta cheese.
1 packet Good Seasonings Italian Dressing Mix and cruet
¼ cup Oil
¼ cup water
½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Honey Mustard
1 packed Sweet and Low (or Splenda if preferred)
1. Pour all ingredients in cruet.
2. Shake well and enjoy.
GRAMMY’S CHEESECAKE MINIS
24 Keebler Ready Crusts, Graham, individual sized
1 Cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3 Bricks Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese until smooth. (You need a mixer for this, I use a cheapo hand mixer that I bought for $19.99 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and it works great!)
3. Pour approx ¼ cup of filling into each individual crust.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
5. Allow cheesecakes to cool completely before eating.
STRAWBERRY SAUCE (optional)
2 cups strawberries, cut
¼ cup sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest
1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
2. Cook on medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes, until sauce thickens.
3. Allow sauce to cool completely before serving.
These recipes were big crowd-pleasers at the bridal shower and I am sure the guests at your next luncheon or dinner party will love them too!