Friday, July 8, 2011

Rev'd Up Pi

If I were stuck on a desert island and could only have one food for the rest of my life it would be pizza.  I consider myself an expert when it comes to finding the best pizza in NYC and after 7 years I feel pretty confident that I've tried all of the famous pizza places in the city (and have yet to meet a pizza that I didn't enjoy!!!)

Knowing my obsession with this Italian specialty you can imagine my excitement when I heard that a healthy alternative opened up in NYC! 


 Rev'd Up Pi (on the corner of 3rd Avenue and 31st Street) calls themselves the "first healthy pizzeria in New York"!  Their low-cal and low-fat Pi's are made with a fiber rich whole wheat crust, homemade low-fat cheese, and sauce made from organic tomatoes.  They also offer various gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options.  PLUS, their pizzas average at 170 calories per slice so you can enjoy them guilt-free... HELL, you can even enjoy 2!

I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical that a pizza made with low-fat cheese and whole wheat crust would be as delicious as a cheesy, gooey, greasy slice of NY pizza but after trying Rev'd Up Pi I am definitely a convert.

I tried a few different slices and my absolute favorite was the "Lean and Mean Pi".


The "Lean and Mean Pi" is a cheese slice covered with delicious turkey pepperoni.  This Pi satisfied my need for a traditional pizzeria experience but at only 200 calories a slice it is a diet bargain!  The slice was still really big and I didn't even notice that it was low-fat!

If you are anything like me you know that 1 slice of pizza is never enough so I obviously had a 2nd.  For all of you vegetarians make sure to try the "Vim and Vigor Pi".


This vegetarian and dairy-free Pi is loaded with artichokes, zucchini, peppers, onions, eggplant, and mushrooms.  With all of the piled on veggies this huge slice is a hearty meal that you can enjoy for only 100 calories per slice! WOOHOO!!!

I loved trying these pizzas with lots of toppings but if you are more of a plain slice kind of person then make sure to try the "Full Throttle Pi". This more traditional margherita style pizza has 180 calories per slice and is still packed with savory tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and basil.  


MMM...I can't wait to go back to Rev'd Up Pi to try even more of their healthy and delicious pizzas as well as their other Italian specialties.  

1 comment:

  1. This place looks amazing, great find! Now I really want pizza...

    ReplyDelete